About ONE Virginia
House Bill 1993 and the ONE Virginia Plan position the state as a national leader in building a statewide strategy to advance DE&I in our services, systems, and operations. The intent behind the ONE Virginia Plan is to use the Inclusive Excellence framework to create collective impact, sustainable change, innovation, and productivity across state government and other sectors of the Commonwealth. Inclusive excellence gives Virginia a business advantage and makes the state a more attractive place to live, learn, work, play, and thrive.
One Virginia Plan Submission
All state government plans are due by or before July 1, 2021. If you need to request an extension or need assistance, contact Kimberly Cain.
One Virginia Online Toolkit
The ONE Virginia online toolkit is a resource for agencies and organizations in facilitating the implementation of individualized strategic plans. The sample implementation plan and other resources in the online toolkit provide a roadmap for state agencies and other stakeholders to meet the shared goals of the ONE Virginia vision and mission.
Download the ONE Virginia Online Toolkit for State Government
- The ONE Virginia Strategic Plan for Inclusive Excellence in State Government
- Principles Of Community - State Government
- Assessment Assignment - State Government
- SMART Goals Worksheet - State Government
- Metrics Dashboard - State Government
- Sample Metrics List - State Government
- Download all - State Government
Download the ONE Virginia Online Toolkit for Higher Education
- The ONE Virginia Strategic Plan for Inclusive Excellence in Higher Education
- Principles of Community - Higher Education
- Assessment Assignment - Higher Education
- SMART Goals Worksheet - Higher Education
- Metrics Dashboard - Higher-Education
- Sample Metrics List - Higher Education
- Download all - Higher Education
To see an example of how the ONE Virginia mission has been operationalized in our pilot region of Charlottesville, Virginia, click HERE.
Elements of the ONE Virginia Online Toolkit
- ONE Virginia Introductory Presentation
- Measurement for Change Presentation
- Understanding and Confronting Racism Educational Resources
- ONE Virginia Town Hall
For the latest ONE Virginia news, click here to download our e-newsletter, ONE Virginia News: Inclusive Excellence in the Commonwealth.
Subscribe to ONE Virginia News: Inclusive Excellence in the Commonwealth
The Governor’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) has collaboratively created the ONE Virginia Plan as a guide for our statewide effort to prioritize increased diversity, the advancement of inclusive excellence, and a return on investment for these reforms across the Commonwealth of Virginia and all of the state-supported agencies. The ONE Virginia Plan is also intended to serve as a model for other public and private sector organizations that we encourage to voluntarily partner with us.
The Principles of Community consists of aspirational statements that we encourage you to adopt, individualize, and practice as fundamental to your ongoing efforts and the ONE Virginia mission to increase access, success, and inclusive excellence. To learn more about how the Principles of Community have been used to galvanize a sense of belonging, click HERE.
This worksheet allows you to actively track and measure your progress across the ONE Virginia goals in the areas of action, resources required, lead person(s), anticipated deliverable of result, impact, and timeframe. We encourage all state agencies to seek a mechanism or strategy to measure and report progress and success, such as the use of an internal- and external-facing metrics dashboard of your data.